[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction and Question

Larry Stamm lstamm at mcbridebc.com
Sun Oct 21 01:12:18 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I am working with one of the small British Columbia rural libraries
that will be migrating to the Evergreen OpenILS in the not too distant
future.  I am looking at getting the data out of our current Sagebrush
Athena system and into the Evergreen DB, hoping to develop a somewhat
automated script for all the other little libraries running Athena.

I have successfully built Evergreen 1.2 in /usr/local/openils/ on a
test server running Arch Linux, and am busy exploring the workings.
My current questions are:

1. Is there any experience out there with migrating data out of
Athena?  I can get biblio data into a MARC21 format, and I think I
have figured out where all the circ and patron data reside in Athena's
database, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

2. Is there any listing of the tables in the Evergreen DB where the
circulation and patron data reside?  I can figure it out eventually,
but I'm a bit lazy....

3. Finally, where does the Django stuff residing in
openils/var/admin/ils_admin fit into the scheme of things?

Regards,
--
Larry Stamm, Network Administrator
McBride and District Public Library