[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Outreach and trustee groups

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Oct 22 14:27:09 EDT 2007

Hello Pierre,

Thanks for pointing this out.  Step #23 is fine and correct but Step #25 had
not been updated to show the new command syntax for starting/stopping the
system.  I have added a "New Step #25" to
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2.x_on_ubuntu_7.04
which reflects the updated commands.

As for your 'tree.add' code output, I have not seen it before.  It looks like
Javascript is being outputted to the browser as text rather than executed.  I
would try perhaps restarting Evergreen with the corrected commands, then
restarting Apache and seeing if that helps anything.

DW

>>> "Pierre Nault" <pierrenault at gmail.com> 10/22/2007 12:30 PM >>>
Hello everyone,

    Now that my jabberd problems are solved, I have another problem with
registering the Outreach and Trustee groups (step 25).  I registered the two
new groups with the cgi-bin interface -there is not much information on the
filling "the New Child boxes" so I registered them with the default
settings. After that I tried to stop_all process (sudo -u opensrf
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -p /openils/conf/bootstrap.conf -c \
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all) but this give me that message :
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh: option illégale (illegal option) -- p

usage: /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d <pid_dir> -c <c_config> -a <action>

Actions include:
        start_router
        stop_router
        restart_router
        start_perl
        stop_perl
        restart_perl
        start_c
        stop_c
        restart_c
        start_osrf
        stop_osrf
        restart_osrf
        stop_all
        start_all
        restart_all

Example:
  /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c opensrf_core.xml -a restart_all

Seems that -p option doesn't exist, in fact, the file that the command refer
to doesn't exist at all (/openils/conf/bootstrap.conf). I followed the
instructions in the new step 23 (
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2.x_on_ubuntu_7.04)
and it didn't mention the creation of the bootstrap.conf... is the
information still accurate ?

Anyway I stop all the process by removing instructions regarding the
bootstrap.conf file (sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all), and after restarting, when I
go to the web page "User Groups and Groups Permissions", it give me these
lines of code:
tree.add(4, 3, "Catalogers", "usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=4",
"Catalogers"); tree.add(5, 3, "Circulators",
"usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=5",
"Circulators"); tree.add(10, 3, "Local System Administrator", "usr_group-
setup.cgi?action=child&id=10", "System maintenance, configuration, etc.");
tree.add(12, 1, "Outreach", "usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=12",
"relicats de Evergreen"); tree.add(2, 1, "Patrons",
"usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=2",
"Patrons"); tree.add(3, 1, "Staff", "usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=3",
"Staff"); tree.add(13, 1, "Trustee",
"usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=13",
"relicats de Evergreen"); tree.add(1, 2, "Users",
"usr_group-setup.cgi?action=child&id=1",
"Users"); tree.closeAllChildren(); document.write(tree.toString());

To resume myself :
-Did I have to create the bootstrat.conf file ? In that case the
installation instructions should be modify : there is a line in step 23 that
says : " Continue with the old Wiki step #23, starting at "in the
<reporter><base_uri> node..."" : so we skip the creation of the
bootstrap.conf file.

Thanks a lot,

Pierre Nault

--
What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet?  An organ
donor.  ~David Perry