[OPEN-ILS-DEV] version of staff client

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:39:14 EDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Pierre Nault <pierrenault at gmail.com> wrote:
> then I get this pop-up message "This server does not support your version of
> staff client. Please check out with your system administrator." The status of
> the server indicate 200 : OK, but the version response give 404 : Not Found.
> The version of the staff client is 3.

Pierre,

Is "3" the build id you used when compiled the staff client?  The
build id can be verified in the About window from the login interface.

You'll need for a directory with the same name as the build id to
exist on your server in (assuming defaults) /openils/var/web/xul/, and
that directory should contain a matching staff client build.

So if your build id is 3, then you'll need a /openils/var/web/xul/3/,
which should also contain a server/ directory.  This 3 could be a
symlink to another build if desired.

Does this make sense?

Here's the pertinent wiki page:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mozilla-devel:building_the_staff_client

In brief, you compile the client, and some files get generated in
ILS/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/build/.  If the build id is 3, then the
contents of that build directory would go into /openils/var/web/xul/3/
on your Evergreen server.  That same build/ directory would also be
used for the local part of the staff client.

Let me know if this helps!

--
Jason Etheridge