[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:04:19 EDT 2007

On 31/10/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pierre,
>
> This happened to me on 7.04 with RC2 a couple of months ago.  My problem
> eventually ended up being a database problem, and not an interesting or
> difficult database problem -- I had gotten the name of the db wrong in one
> of the xml files, very embarassing.  You can read most of the thread
> starting here:
>

> http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-September/001716.html
>
> Note that the opac_visible error can be caused by a lot of different
> things.
>
> jf

John -- right! Feel free to extend the troubleshooting section with other
potential causes and corrective actions! Although the
settings-tester.plscript should, in theory, try connecting to every
database listed in
opensrf.xml, at this point it's only connecting to the database defined in
the open-ils.storage app. We'll have to add that to the to-do list :)

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University