[OPEN-ILS-DEV] autogen.sh barfing on opac_visible?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:24:48 EDT 2007

On 07/09/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I had the chance today to try to implement the fix detailed on the
> docuwiki, no luck.  I even went through the pgsql stuff laid out here:
> http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-May/001053.html,
> and my database is there and all.
>
> Any further ideas?  Thanks very much.
>
> jf
>

> On 8/31/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 31/08/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > I'm so close I can taste victory, I tell you.  XML massaged and in
> proper
> > > order (afaik), ejabberd talks to everyone, installs went just fine too.
> But
> > > here's my problem:
> > >
> > > jbfink at evergreen:/openils/bin$ sudo -u opensrf ./autogen.sh
> > > /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
> > > Password:
> > > Updating fieldmapper
> > > Updating web_fieldmapper
> > > Updating OrgTree
> > > removing OrgTree from the cache...
> > > Updating OrgTree HTML
> > > Can't call method "opac_visible" on an undefined value at
> > > org_tree_html_options.pl line 28.
> > > Done
> > >
> > > Look familiar?  Any advice will be gratefully accepted!
> > >
> > > Running EG version 1.2.0RC2 and OpenSRF 0.9 on Ubuntu x86.
> >
> > Hi John:
> >
> > It does look painfully familiar.
> >

> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:problems_compiling_evergreen
> > covers at least one possible cause of that problem; but I'm sure there
> > are other possible causes.

Hmm.

Can we go into debugging mode? autogen.sh calls
org_tree_html_options.pl, which connects to the open-ils.actor service
and calls the org_tree.retrieve method, then passes that on to the
print_option() subroutine.

So how about finding out if print_option() is receiving anything;
right under "my $node = shift;" add in a "print '\nGot something\n';"
statement or the like just to find out how many times it's iterating
through that subroutine. If it craps out immediately, then it sounds
like your problem is occurring at the database connectivity level.

There are a few possibilities that come to mind, if that's the case:
  * libdbdpgsql.so might not be linked against libdbdi.so (try $ ldd
/usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so and ensure that libdbi.so is one of
the libraries it is linked against)
  * a <language>C</language> app in opensrf.xml might be hooked up
opensrf.xml might be hooked up with a <driver>pgsql</driver>

Feel free to follow Don's "Config/Log Zipup" instructions at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:dmcmorris:start
and send it to the list; you might want to stop all of the open-ils
services, rm /openils/var/log/*, then start the open-ils services and
try running autogen.sh before going through the zip-up instructions
just so we have a clean set of logs to work with.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University