[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction and Question

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Sep 12 11:48:30 EDT 2007

Patrick,

The 700 field in a MARC record is an author field. It is used when there
are either multiple authors for the item (since the 1xx fields are not
repeatable) or when the person responsible for the work is an editor. So
we do want an author search to include the 700 field.

 Elaine Hardy

J. Elaine Hardy
Library Services Manager - Collections & Reference
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax