[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction and Question

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Sep 14 07:26:41 EDT 2007

I like the "matched on" list. I think that could be more useful than
individually listing where the terms are located in each record. I
definitely agree that more on why an individual record is retrieved will
help users, particularly since we are moving away from a display that
mimics the old cards.

If the search term is in a field not normally displayed (say the 505 -
which I think should be displayed, but that's another topic), is it
possible to display that field when the record is retrieved?

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

Library Services Manager - Collections & Reference

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax