[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction and Question

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:33:45 EDT 2007

> If the search term is in a field not normally displayed (say the 505 – which
> I think should be displayed, but that's another topic), is it possible to
> display that field when the record is retrieved?

It'd be magic from my perspective, but I don't know how easy or hard
it'd be.  I do know the next major OPAC revision will be a lot more
flexible in how it pulls and formats information for the Record
Summary page.  I imagine the catalog could just retrieve the whole
record (on the details page) and search for the terms within the
record and make those visible, and not care about how the database
actually found that record in the first place.

Would that be worthwhile?

--- Jason
http://esilibrary.com/