[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction and Question

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Sep 17 15:57:12 EDT 2007

Patrick,

I thought that the individual record display followed the title result
display and had the list of relevant authors to the left of the display.
Just being on the title result page definitely makes it difficult to
determine which title they are associated with without looking at the
MARC record. And most patrons are not going to know to do that. More
relevent to this discussion, the searcher has no idea why they got the
results they did for that record without looking at the MARC record. It
also means the user can't link to the co-author, etc. works from that
record. They have to go back to the title lresult list and find them
from there. That list does change as you page through the result set to
reflect the added entries in the records on display.

Jason --- should the 7xx fields be listed at the record display? I
thought they were at one time. Am I just remembering incorrectly? It
would be useful and appropriate to have them there.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
Library Services Manager - Collections & Reference
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax