[OPEN-ILS-DEV] autogen.sh barfing on opac_visible?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:10:09 EDT 2007

On 18/09/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well hmmm.  Okay.  I'll give it a go, thanks a lot!
>
> jf
> On 9/18/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 18/09/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com > wrote:
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > My logs and opensrf*.xml files are zipped up.  Thanks a pile for
> looking.
> > >
> > > jf
> >

> > I think the most important part of opensrf.log is this:
> >
> > open-ils.cstore 2007-09-18 09:07:35 [INFO:30361:oils_cstore.c:239:]
> > open-ils.cstore connecting to database.  host=localhost, port=5432,
> > user=postgres, pw=killdynix, db=evergreen
> > open-ils.cstore 2007-09-18 09:07:36 [ERR :30361:oils_cstore.c:263:]
> > Error connecting to database: FATAL:  password authentication failed
> > for user "postgres"

Sorry, John, that probably wasn't very useful. First of all, the
problem popped up in osrfsys.log, not opensrf.log (I'm overtired
apparently).  I'm far from a PostgreSQL authentication configuration
expert, but here goes:

You'll want to try connecting to the database using exactly those
parameters from the command line:

psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -d evergreen

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to adjust pg_hba.conf  (step 18
in the Ubuntu install docs, it looks like), reload the PostgreSQL
configuration, and repeat until the connection works. Then try
restarting all of the Evergreen services.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University