[OPEN-ILS-DEV] autogen.sh barfing on opac_visible?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:11:32 EDT 2007

Hello John,

Sorry for not helping out sooner, I somehow missed the fact that you were on Ubuntu.  I try to do my best to help people through those instructions.

The other Dan's advice is good, definitely recheck step #18 and make sure it has been followed completely, then see if the command line connection works.  To that advice I would add perhaps using the machine's fqdn rather than 'localhost' in the various postgres configuration areas in opensrf.xml.  You can find more info about deciphering your fqdn at the top of the Ubuntu instructions, if necessary.  Localhost conventions can vary (for instance, if you are on Ubuntu server, you may need localhost.localdomain to work), so I generally avoid it when I can.

Best of luck,
DW

You'll want to try connecting to the database using exactly those
parameters from the command line:

psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -d evergreen

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to adjust pg_hba.conf  (step 18
in the Ubuntu install docs, it looks like), reload the PostgreSQL
configuration, and repeat until the connection works. Then try
restarting all of the Evergreen services.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University