[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Blocked pakages.

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:11:57 EDT 2007

On 25/09/2007, Noel Goodman <goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm presently following the installing preq. on gentoo for evergreen guide.
> I've encountered blocked packages. when emerging some of the software.
>
> Gentoo documentation suggests how to handle blocked packeages, such as
> uninstalling one of the packages. I don't want to uninstall anything as yet
> because I don't know what effect some of those packages have on the entire
> system function.
>
> How severe would the effect be if I left the conflict with the two packages
> involved and continued my installation?
> Do I need to  carry out the installations step by step as given or can I
> randomly install components in the event I have a problem with one
> programme? I don't want to be stalled waiting to fix one installation when I
> can be installing other programmes.
>
> Any insights would be appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Noel Goodman-University of Guyana

Hi Noel:

Can you copy and paste the error messages you're receiving when
installing the prerequisites? I can't give you an answer to a general
question, but specific information would help.

I'm a little surprised that you're running into blocked packages, to
be honest: I just installed a brand new Evergreen system on Gentoo
(x86 32-bit) a couple of days ago and updated the wiki wherever I ran
into problems.  Is this a brand new Gentoo system, or has it been
running for a while and you're just updating it now after a month or
two?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University