[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PROBLEM DOWNLOADING PERL MODULES

Noel Goodman goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 15:36:50 EDT 2007

Hope I'm not a pain to everyone :D
I'm not getting the perl modules to download. The following occurs every time I run through the given sequence in the guide.  The connection keeps failing.

Take a look:
cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Found only 0 objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
  ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[500] message[LWP::Protocol::MyFTP: connect: timeout]
Fetching with Net::FTP:
  ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz

Trying with "/usr/bin/wget -O -" to get
    ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
--11:30:29--  ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
           => `-'
Resolving ftp.perl.org... 200.14.80.77
Connecting to ftp.perl.org|200.14.80.77|:21... failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

This message is given after I ended the download...

Warning: Cannot install Bundle::CPAN, don't know what it is.
Try the command

    i /Bundle::CPAN/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Could it be a internet connection problem or a problem with the CPAN links provided?
Are they any fresh links to do the downloads and is there a file that handles the links that I can change and put the new links (if new links are available)?

Could someone checkout the perl section of the installation guide for evergreen on gentoo and see if they are able to download the perl modules right after emerging aspell-en.

Thanks all.

Noel Goodman- University of Guyana

Image by FlamingText.com