[OPEN-ILS-DEV] no CGI files

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 09:17:32 EDT 2007

On 27/09/2007, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> hmmmmmm  - Yes, Sorry.
> I tried to be short and sweet but sometimes it's just unclear..........
> Here's some further info. NOT short and sweet. :-)

Thanks -- this is helpful!

> I'm using the wiki with the "main" instructions and the 1.2 addendum (for questions 4, 20, etc... )
> found here -> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04

Good, so you're definitely on the right track.

> >   * What happened when you ran "sudo make install" in the Evergreen
> > directory?
>
> Clearly I need to look at my pg_hba.conf file!
>
> WARNING!
>
> storage-bootstrap will DESTROY all data within all of the ILS tables in your database.
> The database this script will touch has a DBI DSN of
>     dbi:Pg:host=eg-server;dbname=evergreen;port=5432
> Type control-c to avoid destroying all of the data.  Type enter to continue...
>

> [: 6: ==: unexpected operator
> cd ./extras/import/../../sql/Pg/;
> /home/evergreen-admin/eg-srcs/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.0-rc4/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg
> You may be prompted several times for your database password...
> psql: FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
> HINT:  See server log for details.

Right. So you definitely need to correct your pg_hba.conf file. You
might also want to tweak your postgresql.conf file to direct the log
entries into a log file so that you can have a better chance of
figuring out what's going on.

I'm afraid there's not much use in going further until you have
PostgreSQL figured out. If this is a totally clean system (as in, it's
a clean install of Ubuntu dedicated to installing Evergreen on it),
you might want to simply uninstall PostgreSQL, wipe the existing
config files (like pg_hba.conf), and reinstall it; then save the
config files before you start modifying them for the Evergreen install
bits.

An alternative, of course, is to point at a PostgreSQL server on
another machine - but that means that you'll have to figure out the
right pg_hba.conf changes to enable authentication to the PostgreSQL
server from a remote machine. So either way, you've got some wrestling
to do with PostgreSQL (and I'll freely admit that the pg_hba.conf
piece is one of my least favourite parts of an otherwise superb
database).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University