[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Using a postal code, instead of a zip code

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:58:25 EDT 2007

On 9/28/07, John van Rassel <jvanrassel at innisfil.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was just wondering what my fellow Canadians have done, so that they can
> use a postal code instead of a zip code, in the patron data?

Hi John,

The database calls the field "post_code", and the plan is to use
localizations like en-CA to change the label that is displayed.  There
is currently no regexp to do client-side validation, but that is
planned as a localized component as well.  FWIW, the same thing will
work with State/Province.

Is  that what you were looking for?