[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrade EG1.2.1.0 and SRF 0.9

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:59:45 EDT 2008

On 31/03/2008, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> Do I want to upgrade my Evergreen test box from:
>
>  EvergreenILS 1.2.1.0   to  1.2.2.x ?
>  and
>  OpenSRF-0.9 to OpenSRF-1.0 ?
>
>  Can I do them separately or is a coordinated effort?
>  Is there any documentation for these steps?
>
>  @Bill,
>  I see you were starting some documentation for this......
>  Any starting points ?
>  Perhaps I can add my 2 cents...

Hi Grant:

You probably want to upgrade Evergreen from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.1.4, and
you will want to keep OpenSRF at 0.9 - I think that matches the PINES
and BC configuration.

http://open-ils.org/downloads.php suggests that upgrading from
Evergreen 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.1.4 should be a download and recompile; no
configuration changes or database schema migrations required.

Upgrading to 1.2.2.x, when that branch is released, will include some
database schema changes to take advantage of staged searches, along
with the configuration changes documented at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=upgrading:1.2.1_to_1.2.2

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University