[OPEN-ILS-DEV] testing issues after installation

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Apr 4 20:53:14 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

> Is this happening everytime?  Are you starting the router as user
> opensrf?  Could you share with us the output of the env command?  Did
> you install into the standard /openils/ directory?  Did you set the
> ownership of those files to opensrf:opensrf?

I followed the instructions for the Debian Etch found at:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_debian_etch_x86_32-bit
including using the prerequisite installer at:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation:debian_gentoo_ubuntu_prerequisites_makefile

I installed the version of Evergreen indicated in step 5:
http://open-ils.org/downloads/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.1.4.tar.gz

I am running Debian 4.0. I downloaded the install CD from:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r3/i386/iso-cd/ and have been
using the U of Waterloo's mirror for the updates. I have automatic
updates set up.

I start the router as opensrf. Is the ownership of the files
automatically set in the installation procedures or prerequisites or was
that something to be done outside of the procedures?

The error does seem to occur everytime I start the router.

I did install it in /openils. Would it be possible for you to send me a
basic structural outline of the openils directory structure for me to
verify that everthing is there?

I cannot get the output from the env command at this time because I am
away from the computer and am unable to access the server. I will also
be out of the office all of next week so no hurry on this since I can't
work on it for a while. Also note that you may not here from me until
the Monday after next week. Please don't think I abandoned Evergreen,
because we just got started and am still very excited about its
potential.  In the meantime, I will appreciate any guidance or tips from
the group.

Thanks for your assistance,
Robert