[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: osrfHash stuff

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sat Apr 5 14:55:53 EDT 2008

These patches add two new functions to the osrfHash routines, and
apply them in several modules.  THe purpose is to eliminate the
access of an osrfHash's internals by the client code, so that the
internals can be replaced more readily.

Those internals haven't changed yet, but they will.

Three of the patches (to oils_cstore.c, osrf_json_object.c, and
oarf_router.c) are dependent on the patches to osrf_hash.h and
osrf_hash.c.  Two earlier patches (to oils_idl-core.c and
osrf_application.c), not yet applied, also rely on one of the new
functions.

So far as I know, there are no other modules that will need to be
changed in preparation for the rewrite of osrf_hash.c.  I am ignoring
the files in the objson directory, which mostly don't compile anyway.

I hope to post another patch in the next day or so, to replace the
innards of osrf_hash.c with a more efficient implementation.  If
there is any problem with the new implementation, we will be able
to revert to the previous one until the problems are corrected,
without affecting the other source files.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1 By making a contribution to
this project, I certify that:

(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated
in the file; or

(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license
and I have the right under that license to submit that work with
modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the
same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
different license), as indicated in the file; or

(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person
who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it; and

(d) In the case of each of (a), (b), or (c), I understand and agree
that this project and the contribution are public and that a record
of the contribution (including all personal information I submit
with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may
be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source
license indicated in the file.