[OPEN-ILS-DEV] testing issues after installation

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Apr 18 08:40:02 EDT 2008

John Fink from McMaster helped fix our problem so we can close this
issue. Kudos to John and thank you to everyone else for helping out and
sending troubleshooting tips as well as providing guidance.

There were a few issues with the installation:

1) I still had postgresql version 7.4 running along with version 8.1. I
thought I had unistalled it previously, but not quite.

2) a line in the file nsswitch.conf had to be edited. It was set wrong
in the initial install of linux. I am wondering if it could be related
to the fact that the server wasa using DHCP for its IP address when I
initially installed Linux and then changed it to a static IP setup after
installation?

3) postgresql.conf had the wrong port setting which may be related to 1)
above.

Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.