[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIP2: Unexpected Results from Patron Info Request (Msg 64)

David J. Fiander david at fiander.info
Wed Apr 23 08:31:00 EDT 2008

Brandon,

That makes sense.

This probably hasn't come up before because there are few SIP clients
that implement lots of enhanced functionality, like renewing and
paying fines at the terminal.

The code that handles what data gets put into the holds, overdue,
etc, fields isn't in my SIP protocol code; it's part of the ILS
backend module that I call.

So, Bill's the one that decided to return the title, rather than the
barcode.  Well, my test stub code returned titles, because that makes
it easy to read the packets, and Bill just mirrored that.

Either way, it's pretty straight-forward. you just need to edit the
ILS::Patron::hold_items() function to return the right stuff from the
patron record.

- David