[OPEN-ILS-DEV] connecting outside of LAN

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Apr 24 08:25:36 EDT 2008

We installed the evergreen successfully on our test server and can
connect to the evergreen server from inside the LAN and from another
University where we have a satellite campus. However, I am unable
connect from my home network and one of my colleagues was also unable to
connect from here home. I was wondering if anyone could
1) test to see if they can connect from their location to the domain name:
http://evergreen-server.mohawkcollege.ca/

2) Let me know where else I could look to find out where the problem is.
I checked hosts.deny, hosts.allow all the apache configuration files the
hosts file and  anything else I thought would be related to a webserver
and web security. Is it something I need to contact my campus web
administrator about to open up access to the machine for the WWW or is
it something on the local machine?

I know this is more of a web admin. question but I was hoping someone
could point me in the right direction. I tired to find the answer by
Googling my issue and searching in the Apache documentation.

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.