[OPEN-ILS-DEV] connecting outside of LAN

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:32:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Robert Soulliere
<robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> We installed the evergreen successfully on our test server and can
>  connect to the evergreen server from inside the LAN and from another
>  University where we have a satellite campus. However, I am unable

Congrats!

>  connect from my home network and one of my colleagues was also unable to
>  connect from here home. I was wondering if anyone could
>  1) test to see if they can connect from their location to the domain name:
>  http://evergreen-server.mohawkcollege.ca/

It's not letting me in from several locations on the 'net.

>  2) Let me know where else I could look to find out where the problem is.
>  I checked hosts.deny, hosts.allow all the apache configuration files the
>  hosts file and  anything else I thought would be related to a webserver
>  and web security. Is it something I need to contact my campus web
>  administrator about to open up access to the machine for the WWW or is
>  it something on the local machine?

This is definitely a campus IT issue.  They will most likely need to
open the border firewall to allow traffic to the proper ports on your
evergreen machine.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if your satellite
campus simply has an all-access ruleset from their network block.