[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import_demo question

Nella Lall ndlall at ucalgary.ca
Mon Apr 28 12:45:30 EDT 2008

Dan and anyone else who might know,

I was doing the import_demo you have posted and got through steps 5
without error.  I was using my own sample of 1000 MARC21XML/UTF-8 (or so
I thought) records instead of your provided sample of 500 records.  When
I got to step 6 I received this error:

:61: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

Anyway, I realized that somewhere in my attempt to go from our Unicorn
Marc21/Marc8 format records to the required MARC21XML/UTF8 records (via
MarcEdit), things did not go 100% correctly.

So, my question is:

-can I begin the import_demo steps back at step one with your provided
500 record sample (or any other record sample for that matter) without
having to do any cleanup of tables for the failed/partial load of my
1000 records?

Thanks,
Nella Lall