[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import_demo question

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:07:44 EDT 2008

2008/4/28 Nella Lall <ndlall at ucalgary.ca>:
> Dan and anyone else who might know,
>
>  I was doing the import_demo you have posted and got through steps 5 without
> error.  I was using my own sample of 1000 MARC21XML/UTF-8 (or so I thought)
> records instead of your provided sample of 500 records.  When I got to step
> 6 I received this error:
>
>  :61: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
>

>  Anyway, I realized that somewhere in my attempt to go from our Unicorn
> Marc21/Marc8 format records to the required MARC21XML/UTF8 records (via
> MarcEdit), things did not go 100% correctly.
>
>  So, my question is:
>
>  -can I begin the import_demo steps back at step one with your provided 500
> record sample (or any other record sample for that matter) without having to
> do any cleanup of tables for the failed/partial load of my 1000 records?

Hi Nella:

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have some good news... Step 6
is running parse_holdings.pl, which just generates a SQL file of
INSERT statements (insert_holdings.sql). You don't actually run that
file until step 8, so you can fix up your MARC records and run step 6
as many times as you like without having to clean up any tables.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University