[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Changing main password and creating new users

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:23:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Robert Nix <glibrarysystem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it does. Thanks Mike. I guess I just skipped over those permissions when
> I was skimming through them. Sorry about that but thanks for clearing it up
> for me. Do you know how to change the default password? I would like to
> change it so that anyone that may know the default password couldn't just go
> in and change things around.

Robert, if you're referring to the password for user "admin" (which is
"open-ils"), then the easiest way to change that is to login with
admin through the public catalog (OPAC)'s My Account section.  It will
prompt you to change the password at that point.  The other way is to
pull up the admin user in the staff client and edit it.  That account
has a library card with barcode 101010101010101, or you could do a
patron search for First Name = admin

Let us know if this helps.

--
Jason Etheridge