[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import_demo question

Nella Lall ndlall at ucalgary.ca
Tue Apr 29 15:28:24 EDT 2008

Thanks for the answer Dan.

That is good news.  I have finally got the xml file to work properly in
step 6.  (I had to strip out some nasty 880 tags in our old records
before everything worked.)  Now, I moved through step 6 and 7 perfectly
and then bombed out on step 8.

evergreen-admin at eg-server:~/import_demo$ psql -U evergreen -f
insert_holdings.sql evergreen 2> insert_holdings.errapr29
Password for user evergreen:
BEGIN
ROLLBACK

evergreen-admin at eg-server:~/import_demo$ more insert_holdings.errapr29
psql:insert_holdings.sql:1: ERROR:  date/time field value out of range:
"12/13/1993"
HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
psql:insert_holdings.sql:2: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:insert_holdings.sql:3: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block

So, can you help me figure out how to fix this problem it is having with
my create date of 12/13/1993.  Out of range?  Too old??  I'm beginning
to feel too old myself but really, 1993 was not that long ago. :-)

Thanks,
Nella