[OPEN-ILS-DEV] regarding manual

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:06:11 EDT 2008

Hi Vijay

2008/8/4 vijay kumar <vijcrjbhu at gmail.com>:
> Dear sir,
> I tried to install evergreen ils on ubuntu 8.04 for our organisation .

This will be a problem for you, as we currently don't have a
documented way to install Evergreen on Ubuntu 8.04. The problem is
that Ubuntu 8.04 comes with PostgreSQL 8.3, which is not yet supported
by Evergreen.

> Here in new manual mentioned in evergreen wiki, nothing has mentioned
> which software is needed for prior installation of evergreen.

Actually, if you're referring to the page
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10,
the prerequisites are all installed as part of the very first step.

> could you please suggest me what to do....
> Although I have root privileges to install evergreen...

If you're determined to go ahead with Ubuntu 8.04, you'll need to
either install a backport of PostgreSQL 8.2 and adjust the port number
for connections accordingly, or compile your own version of PostgreSQL
8.2 from source. Either way, the rest of the steps should be almost
identical to Ubuntu 7.10 (but possibly different enough that you'll
want to keep track of where things differ).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University