[OPEN-ILS-DEV] regarding manual

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Tue Aug 5 12:30:04 EDT 2008

Vijay and Dan:

I've completed two installs this week on Ubuntu Server 8.04LTS using
the Ubuntu 7.10 instructions and the Ubuntu makefile.

The dependancies makefile explicitly apt-gets PostgreSQL 8.2, so you
don't need to worry about getting it separately. However 8.2 is
officially deprecated, if you worry about that sort of thing, and you
will get a very ominous looking block message. :)

Other than the block message, I seem to recall everything going
exactly as per the documentation.

~B

  Quoting Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com>:

> Hi Vijay
>
> 2008/8/4 vijay kumar <vijcrjbhu at gmail.com>:
>> Dear sir,
>> I tried to install evergreen ils on ubuntu 8.04 for our organisation .
>
> This will be a problem for you, as we currently don't have a
> documented way to install Evergreen on Ubuntu 8.04. The problem is
> that Ubuntu 8.04 comes with PostgreSQL 8.3, which is not yet supported
> by Evergreen.
>
>> Here in new manual mentioned in evergreen wiki, nothing has mentioned
>> which software is needed for prior installation of evergreen.
>
> Actually, if you're referring to the page
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10,
> the prerequisites are all installed as part of the very first step.
>
>> could you please suggest me what to do....
>> Although I have root privileges to install evergreen...
>
> If you're determined to go ahead with Ubuntu 8.04, you'll need to
> either install a backport of PostgreSQL 8.2 and adjust the port number
> for connections accordingly, or compile your own version of PostgreSQL
> 8.2 from source. Either way, the rest of the steps should be almost
> identical to Ubuntu 7.10 (but possibly different enough that you'll
> want to keep track of where things differ).
>
> --
> Dan Scott
> Laurentian University

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant