[OPEN-ILS-DEV] error during installation

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:43:46 EDT 2008

Hi Vijay:

2008/8/5 vijay kumar <vijcrjbhu at gmail.com>:
> Dear Member,
> I follow the new manual given at evergreen wiki
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10
> I am getting error during installation of Opensrf
>
> Although I have installed some software required for evergreen
> installation through apt-get that was earlier mentioned in evergreen
> wiki
>
> I donot have software prerequisite for evergreen installation on ubuntu 8.04
> can any one guide me?

As noted, we haven't provided documentation for installing Evergreen
on Ubuntu 8.04. Ubuntu 8.04 comes with PostgreSQL 8.3 by default, and
Evergreen does not yet support PostgreSQL 8.3. You would have to
install a backport of PostgreSQL 8.2 or compile PostgreSQL 8.2 from
source and adjust port connections accordingly. Otherwise, the
prerequisites for Ubuntu 8.04 are probably identical to 7.10 and
should be able to use the same Makefile.install method to install
prerequisites.

> According to new manual I am getting error in first step of
> installation of Opensrf
>                                                  Screenshot......
>
> opensrf at vijay-home:~/OpenSRF-0.9$ CFLAGS=-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE make
>
>  * Run 'make verbose' to see full make output
>
> source install.conf && make -s -C src all
> objson/libobjson.so
> opensrf
> router
> srfsh
> srfsh.c: In function 'parse_error':
> srfsh.c:132: warning: the address of 'buffer' will always evaluate as 'true'
> jserver
> gateway
>

> root at vijay-home:/home/opensrf/OpenSRF-0.9# make install
> source install.conf && make -s -C src install
> install-prep
> objson-install
> opensrf-install
> gateway-install
> /usr/share/apache2/build/instdso.sh
> SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool' osrf_json_gateway.so
> /usr/lib/apache2/modules
> /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --mode=install cp
> osrf_json_gateway.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules/
> cp osrf_json_gateway.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_json_gateway.so
> Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_json_gateway.so.
> Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
> chmod 644 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_json_gateway.so
> apxs:Error: Activation failed for custom /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file..
> apxs:Error: At least one `LoadModule' directive already has to exist..
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [gateway-install] Error 2
> make: *** [install] Error 2

Try replacing the content of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf with the
following two lines:
# This is here for apxs compatibility (and this comment is required!)
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

(there may be a bash vs. dash problem with the Makefile.install that
results in the wrong lines getting appended to that file).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University