[OPEN-ILS-DEV] error during installation of Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:52:56 EDT 2008

Hi Vijay:

2008/8/5 vijay kumar <vijcrjbhu at gmail.com>:
> Dear Member,
> I solved previous error that I had posted earlier in same forum.
> Now getting error during installation of Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3
> I am using Postgresql 8.3 for database  backend , is it suitable for
> Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3  backend

No, currently PostgreSQL 8.3 is not supported. You will have to
install a backport of PostgreSQL 8.2 or compile PostgreSQL 8.2 from
sour.ce

> c_apps
> oils_idl-core.c: In function 'oilsIDLInit':
> oils_idl-core.c:77: warning: 'st_tmp' may be used uninitialized in this function
> oils_idl-core.c:226: warning: 'st_tmp' may be used uninitialized in
> this function
> liboils_idl.so
> liboils_utils.so
> oils_auth.so
> oils_cstore.c: In function 'osrfAppInitialize':
> oils_cstore.c:163: warning: 'st_tmp' may be used uninitialized in this function
> oils_cstore.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldbdpgsql
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [oils_cstore.so] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [c_apps] Error 2

This is a different error, either a missing prerequisite (libdbi and
libdbi-drivers) that should have been installed as part of running
Makefile.install as step #1 of
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10
or due to not having adjusted your dynamic library paths to reflect
the location in which libdbdpgsql.so was installed.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University