[OPEN-ILS-DEV] regarding manual

Robert Soulliere robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Aug 8 13:43:59 EDT 2008

I also just completed an Evergreen install on Ubuntu Server 8.04LTS.
When I installed Ubuntu, I made sure that I and did a plain vanilla
install without any add-ons selected other than OpenSSH-server.
PostgreSQL 8.3 was not installed with the OS package.

Following the installation instructions for Ubuntu 7.10 worked very well.

I had previously installed Evergreen on a Debian etch system many times,
but had to switch to Ubuntu because a new server we purchased (A Dell
PowerEdge 2950) did not play well with the grub loader on the Debian
install.

Robert