[OPEN-ILS-DEV] error during libdbi-driver installation

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:32:17 EDT 2008

Vijay:

Please stop trying to build libdbi and libdbi-driver yourself. Just
use Makefile.install to install them (along with the rest of the
system prerequisites). Trust me. It builds libdbi and libdbi-driver
for you, with the correct options, and installs it into the
appropriate place.

The instructions for using Makefile.install to install your system
prerequisites are at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation:debian_gentoo_ubuntu_prerequisites_makefile

If you have already run Makefile.install, and want to just install
libdbi and libdbi-driver, then instead of "sudo make -f
Makefile.install ubuntu" you can pass the following command:

sudo make -f Makefile.install install_libdbi

Then follow step 22 of "Installing on Ubuntu 7.10" at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10
to ensure that your system can find the libraries.

That's honestly all you have to do for libdbi.so / libdbpgsql.so.

Dan

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University