[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Merging Patrons

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Fri Aug 15 21:42:09 EDT 2008

Hi, all.

Is there a best practice for merging two patron accounts which, in
actuality, represent the same person? I took a look around docgen.xsl
for an OpenSRF method that obviously exposed such functionality, but
nothing seemed apparent.

If there's nothing extant, I could through down some thoughts on the
process, get some feedback, and see if I could implement something
OpenSRF-y that would allow us to expose the process to the user --
either staff, or the enduser, depending on feedback.

~B

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
Ministry of Education