[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Adding copies in Evergreen

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:10:08 EDT 2008

Hi Robert:

2008/8/14 Robert Soulliere <robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca>:
> We imported our records into Evergreen and can view them in the staff
> client, but I have one more hurdle to get over. I ran the
> quick_metarecord_map.sql and it seemed to run OK with the output:
>
> BEGIN
> ALTER TABLE
> TRUNCATE TABLE
> TRUNCATE TABLE
> INSERT 0 37000
> INSERT 0 39327
> ALTER TABLE
> COMMIT
> [then the vacuuming stuff]
>
> but the copies are not added.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. Does this seem like to correct output if we imported 39327 records?

That looks reasonable to me.

> 2. Was there a preliminary step I am missing where I need to add the
> branch information to a file so that this step knows where to add the
> copies?

Importing bib records does not automatically import copies for those
bib records; that's a separate step (somewhat documented in the
"Adding copies" section of the import wiki page at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords).

I would recommend the "staging table" approach documented at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=importing:holdings:import_via_staging_table,
if you can get your hands on your holdings data. The demo import
package uses a pretty dumb script "parse_holdings.pl" to pull holdings
data from within the MARC records themselves, but depending on your
system and how your bib records were exported, your records might not
even contain embedded holdings.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University