[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ftp opac pages after upgrade to 1.2.3.0

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 10:07:25 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Robert Soulliere
<robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> I successfully did an upgrade to 1.2.3.0 on a Unbuntu system, (At least
> I think so since the client and the opac both connect). I wanted to
> start with a clean slate so I selected "openils_all" for my targets. I
> did have one question though:
>
> Is it safe to ftp from my local machine to the server the entire
> contents of "/openils/var/web/opac" without overwriting any of the
> upgrades or messing up m system? I just want to regain the changes I
> made to the opac and have local copied of these opac files of my system
> from when I was using 1.2.2.3.

If you changed stock files then it's doubtful you won't overwrite the
changes.  The best thing to do is to copy off your existing OPAC
directory, install the new version , and then diff the two.  If the
patch that comes out of diff looks good and only contains the changes
you made then you can apply that directly to get your changes back.
However, if the files you edited have changed between version then
you'll need to re-apply the changes by hand.