[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ftp opac pages after upgrade to 1.2.3.0

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 18 10:09:01 EDT 2008

> Is it safe to ftp from my local machine to the server the entire
> contents of "/openils/var/web/opac" without overwriting any of the
> upgrades or messing up m system? I just want to regain the changes I
> made to the opac and have local copied of these opac files of my system
> from when I was using 1.2.2.3.

There are a few OPAC files that have changed between those versions:
common/js/config.js
common/js/opac_utils.js
common/js/org_utils.js
some of the images in images/tor
locale/en_US/opac.dtd
skin/default/js/adv_global.js
skin/default/js/rdetail.js
skin/default/js/result_common.js
skin/default/js/xml/advanced_global.xml

Your previous OPAC directory may still work, but you'll be missing out
on fixes and/or new functionality.

A good practice is to copy the skin/default/ directory to something
like skin/custom/.  And then after an upgrade, use something like Vim
and DirDiff plugin to compare files and selectively merge differences.
 Then use custom instead of default with your OPAC URL.

--
Jason Etheridge