[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Merging Patrons

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 18 21:05:01 EDT 2008

> I would personally prefer to designate a master record rather than select
> fields from one or more records when merging, but only because I think the
> interface would be easier. :)

I'd be tempted to work on this from the angle of fleshing out User
Buckets, with some sort of batch patron editor, but yeah, it'd
definitely be easier not to. :D

> I don't see any trivial way to allow for un-merging either, but maybe I'm
> missing something.

Maybe if everything does end up getting linked to actor.card, we could
then have a previous_usr field on actor.card.  So unmerging would be
moving the card to a previously inactivated (can't delete in this
case) actor.usr record?

> This is starting to sound a little complicated, but I think that just means
> we're doing it right. ;-)

:D

--
Jason Etheridge