[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Another circ problem with 1.2.3.0.

Garry Dunn garry at trellisconsulting.ca
Mon Aug 25 15:06:42 EDT 2008

To all,

I'm trying to do a basic 'checkout' of a book on version 1.2.3.0, with
an almost empty database.  The only thing I've loaded is our
bibliographic records.  I've created a few copies of a book and 1 patron.

I can use that patron to checkout a copy of the book and there are no
problems with that.  Then I use the cgi-bin/config.cgi area to create a
new user group which is a child of the default 'Patrons' group.  I
assign the patron to the new child of the 'Patrons' group.  If I then
try to checkout another copy of a book to that patron, I receive this error:

method=open-ils.circ.checkout.permit
params=["83c54f4828b576fbce2d662f0dbb9f09",{"barcode":"1234b","patron":2},1]
THROWN:
{"payload":[],"debug":"osrfMethodException :  *** Call to
[open-ils.circ.checkout.permit] failed for session
[1219689942.463551.121968994212327], thread trace [1]:\n  * ! EXCEPTION
! * \nTYPE: OpenSRF::EX::ERROR\nMess: System ERROR \nMess: Circ Permit
Patron Script Died: Error: TypeError: node has no properties at line
295: (null)\nLoc.: 185 OpenSRF::Application \nLoc.:
/openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/Application.pm \nTime: Mon Aug 25 14:45:42
2008\n\n","status":500}
STATUS:

I can change the patron back to the default 'Patrons' group and checkout
the book which just errored, so I know the problem is directly related
to the user group that the patron is a member of.

I've read the wiki as it pertains to user groups and from what I
understand, all the rights of the parent group (Patrons) should be
inherited by the child group (which I've created).  That seems to
happen, based on the fact that I can see the same checkboxes/depths for
the child as I see for the parent.

I have the same problem if I import all of our 'real' records (with user
groups):  If I set the patron's user group to what we want, I can't
checkout a book, but if I set the patron's user group to the default
'Patrons' group, then I'm good to go.

Can anyone give any ideas as to what's causing this problem?