[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 500 Internal Server Error

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Dec 10 09:18:22 EST 2008

Hello Andrew,

>>> I've changed the host in opensrf.xml to the server's internal ip, as we don't yet have a locally hosted domain (still transitioning from externall hosted website), but made no other changes from the install instructions before this happened.

It seems you do have some error in your xml, and this might be it.  If you are talking about changing:

<localhost></localhost>

to:

<192.168.1.234></192.168.1.234>  (with these being just sample IPs, of course)

that isn't going to work in any strict XML parser, as valid XML entity names cannot start with numbers.

I suggest keeping it as localhost, getting it to work locally, then renaming only if necessary for your situation.

Good luck,
DW