[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 500 Internal Server Error

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:03:01 EST 2008

2008/12/9 Andrew McMenemy <elvish.scout at gmail.com>:
<snip>
> I formatted the HD and installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu Server 8.04, and
> followed, to the letter, the instructions listed here:
> http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10
> I had to backtrack and uninstall postgresql 8.3, but after uninstalling 8.3
> and installing 8.2, everything seemed to be going fine.
<snip>
> opensrf at evgtest:~$
> /home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.3.1/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
<snip>
> /openils/conf/opensrf.xml:700: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name
<snip>
> /openils/conf/opensrf.xml:703: parser error : Extra content at the end of
> the document
<snip>

Something's still wrong in the opensrf.xml file - it has to be
well-formed XML at the least (every element has to have a closing
element, etc). Until this is fixed, nothing else is going to work.
Maybe try copying opensrf.xml.example to opensrf.xml and edit the file
again?

Thanks for the very informative problem report - that definitely helped!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University