[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Holdings and Holds in SVN trunk

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:45:11 EST 2008

I know SVN trunk is a moving target but I've been having the same two
problems over the past few days:

Problem 1:
----------------
I can install Evergreen and then update the structure of my demo
"Consortium" with Conify. I then log out of the staff client, re-run
/openils/bin/autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
(and even osrf_ctl.sh -l -a restart_all)

After doing so, I import a bib record without trouble. However, when I
go into "Holdings Maintenance", I get a pop-up error, the drop-down
list to select the system/branch/sub-library is missing, and the pane
below it (usually containing an expandable org tree). Even if I re-run
autogen.sh, osrf_ctl.sh to restart the services, and "rm -rf
~/.openils". Oddly, when I reboot my system, the problem is resolved
and I can go in and add volumes/copies.

Is there a less drastic step than rebooting that I could perform? Say,
a cache file of the org structure that I could delete?

Problem 2:
I can't place holds on items, neither as the "admin" user in the staff
client, nor as a regular patron in the OPAC. I always get a message
saying that the item isn't available for hold when I know it should
be.

Cheers,
  Warren