[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bug reports for trunk?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:19:17 EST 2008

On 08/02/2008, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> > I'd be in favour of you reporting whatever bugs you find in trunk.
>
> These are starting from a clean install and database with only
> distribution seed data.
>
> - I'd already mentioned volumes not appearing in holdings maintenance,
> only a consortium total.  Jason mentioned he saw something similar when
> moving to OpenSRF trunk.
>

> - When registering a new patron, the osrfsys.log reports: Returning
> non-success event object: ACTOR_CARD_NOT_FOUND, yet an alert in the
> client reports that "The selected barcode is already in use..."   If I
> lose focus on the field by moving to a different tab, I can then return
> and move on, where I receive the same error for the username.  Again,
> changing focus and returning to the form will allow me to finish the
> registration and the insert completes normally.
>

> -Placing a hold fails.  The proximity check is fine, the copy retrieve
> is fine, everything seems happy right through the REQUEST_HOLD
> permission check, then I'm guessing it's checking to see if it's a
> duplicate hold (?) when I find in the log: Returning non-success event
> object: ACTOR_CARD_NOT_FOUND, and the OPAC view hangs at "Checking for
> possibility of hold fulfillment..."
>

> - Checking copy status by barcode:
>    circ.copy_status.xul
>    Error: Could not create namespace[circ.copy_status]: SyntaxError:
> missing ] after element list
>

> - Unknown error on check-in.  Check-in completes, but an error is
> reported (see below).
>
> Check In Failed (in circ.util.checkin):
>
> {
>         "message":"error has no properties",
>         "fileName":"http://blade9/xul/20080207.185359/server/main/JSAN.js",
>         "lineNumber":1218,
>         "stack":"(
>         [
>                 object Object
>         ]
>         )@http://blade9/xul/20080207.185359/server/main/JSAN.js:1218\n(
>         [
>                 object Object
>         ]
>         )@http://blade9/xul/20080207.185359/server/main/JSAN.js:309\n_remoteRequestCallback(3)@http://blade9/opac/common/js/RemoteRequest.js:166\n()@http://blade9/opac/common/js/RemoteRequest.js:183\n@:0\n",
>         "name":"TypeError"
> }

Heh - I think I cleared up at least one of those (the circ.copy_status
problem) last night. Your trunk is just a few hours older than my
latest commit.

I also have some local changes in checkin.js that might resolve the
final problem you reported; let me do a clean install and compare.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University