[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Importing Holds from Geac

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:20:32 EST 2008

On 01/02/2008, John van Rassel <jvanrassel at innisfil.ca> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had imported from Geac before, and if so,
> would they share some expertise with me?
> I have been able to follow the instructions for importing the marc
> records, and that seemed to go ok, but I have hit a road block trying to
> import holdings data
> Any help would be appreciated!
> Thanks
> John

Hey John:

I've never looked at Geac MARC records / holding data. Perhaps you
could post a small sample set, let us know what libraries and
locations you would expect the copies to wind up in, and perhaps we
could try to walk through the import process to augment the "importing
bibliographic records" document with some real life examples.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University