[OPEN-ILS-DEV] pg_loader getting killed

John Fink john.fink at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:18:00 EST 2008

Hey folks,

I've tried a couple of times unsuccessfully to run pg_loader on what is
admittedly a vastly huge (ls shows me filesize 17077683247) ingest file.
For a while it hums merrily along, but then I inevitably get something like
the following:

8643000 363.398018751032Killed

Complete with a zero-length sql.  Am I simply biting off more than I can
chew?  Is it possible to easily split the ingest file for easier loading?
It looks like to me that pg_loader is trying to load everything into memory
before writing the sql (hence the zero length).

jf

--
http://libgrunt.blogspot.com -- library culture and technology.