[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bulk importing copies into Evergreen-newbie question

Nella Lall ndlall at ucalgary.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:54:09 EST 2008

Dan and others,

Finally, had a little time to try more on this today and despite various
attempts, I just am not getting any copies to load into my evergreen
database via the import_holdings.pl script.  I have sprinkled debug
statements throughout the script and even though it seems to properly
know where my marcfile is, the @records array seems empty and the script
never enters the foreach record loop.  Ideas?

My perl is weak so I don't understand everything the script is doing yet
(obviously)!

The setup we have for our evergreen is the default installed one so that
our library names simply are: Example Consortium, Example System 1,
Example Branch 1 etc etc.

Here is the output from the script with all my print statements:

sudo perl import_holdings.pl --marc_file ~/test1g.xml
beginning the import_holdings script
my holding_tag is: ./datafield[@tag="999"]
my bc is 999 subfield i: i
my lbl is 999 subfield a: a
my own is 999 subfield m: m
my pr is 999 subfield p: p
my cpn is 999 subfield c: c
my avail is 999 subfield k: k
my marc_file: /home/evergreen-admin/test1g.xml
my item_barcode: i
my lbl is 999 subfield a (item_call_number): a
my own is 999 subfield m (owning_lib): m
my pr is 999 subfield p (price): p
my cpn is 999 subfield c (copy_number): c
my avail is 999 subfield k (copy status): k
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my lib is: ARRAY(0x8501e70)
my tcn_sth is: DBI::st=HASH(0x8418f90)
my xact_id is: 1203537392.26222
my doc is: XML::LibXML::Document=SCALAR(0x8502164)
my xc is: XML::LibXML::XPathContext=SCALAR(0x8502194)
I have -1 in the record array

So, it ends and never goes into the foreach record loop (snippet below)
where I would expect it to find the information it needs from my marcfile??

foreach my $record (@records) {

        print "in the foreach loop of records\n";
        my $tcn;

Can anyone spot my problem that I just can't lay a finger on?

Thanks,
Nella Lall