[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 1.2.1.0 Client issue

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Thu Feb 21 20:32:14 EST 2008

I always build with the same number (666).
Then if I blow away my test instance (I'm using JAS's script in a chroot) and rebuild the client - All I need to do is copy the "666" build to the appropriate place on the server and my Windows Clients still work.

Cake!

F. Grant Johnson
566-0630 / fgjohnson at upei.ca
Skype ID = jetsongeorge

Systems Coordinator
 Robertson Library
 University of Prince Edward Island

***************
Attitude is IT!

>>> On 02/21/2008 at 12:17 PM, in message <20080221081710.bipwiudasokww8kg at webmail.bclibrary.ca>, "Brandon W. Uhlman" <brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca> wrote:
Hi, Robert.

This comes up frquently on the list, and there are probably a few
messages in the archives, but I'll spoil the fun of the search. I
tried writing my own answer too, but it was incomprehensible even to
me. So here's what Jason Etheridge from Equinox wrote on this same
problem back in October....

You'll need for a directory with the same name as the build id to
exist on your server in (assuming defaults) /openils/var/web/xul/, and
that directory should contain a matching staff client build.

The build id can be verified in the About window of the staff client
(first line), which can be reached from the login screen.

So if your build id is 3, then you'll need a /openils/var/web/xul/3/,
which should also contain a server/ directory.  This 3 could be a
symlink to another build if desired.

Does this make sense?

Here's the pertinent wiki page:
http://open ( http://open/ )-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mozilla-devel:building_the_staff_client

In brief, you compile the client, and some files get generated in
ILS/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/build/.  If the build id is 3, then the
contents of that build directory would go into /openils/var/web/xul/3/
on your Evergreen server.  That same build/ directory would also be
used for the local part of the staff client.

~~~~

Hopefully, this is some help.

Brandon Uhlman
Project Sitka, BC

Quoting Robert Nix <glibrarysystem at gmail.com>:

> I currently have Evergreen up and running, thanks to John Schmidt, but when
> I try to connect to my Evergreen server using the Evergreen 1.2.1.0 client
> it says that my server doesn't support this version of the client. I get a
> 200 code for status but a 404 not found for the version. Is anyone else
> having this issue? I am running Debian Etch on the server with installs from
> John Schmidt's scripts, so Evergreen version 1.2.1.0. The client I'm trying
> to use is on Windows XP and it is version 1.2.1.0. Any help on this issue
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Robert

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant