[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Happy New year all,

John Schmidt jas at xmission.com
Fri Jan 4 23:51:30 EST 2008

Grant,

I would remove as much stuff as you can such as postgresql, apache, memcache,
ejabberd, etc, really everything that you installed with the first go around,
including files you may have edited in the /etc/ directory.  Since the
package manager won't do that for you.  I recommend doing this if you are
going to use my install script which basically codifies everything I found in
the wiki.

When you have daemons running from an aborted install, it tends to mess up
future installs.

I would recommend that you set up a chroot to do the install there whether it
is manually, or by using my script, since it is much easier to delete a
chroot.

If you have an aborted install, make sure that you do the following:

/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
/etc/init.d/memcache stop
/etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 stop
/etc/init.d/ejabberd stop