[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SPAM: PATCH: storing numbers as strings in jsonObjects

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 14:31:13 EST 2008

On Dec 22, 2007 11:44 PM, Scott McKellar <mck9 at swbell.net> wrote:
> These patches are the culmination of several postings on this subject.
> The overall effect is to store numbers in jsonObjects as strings,
> rather than as doubles, in order to avoid needless loss of precision
> in translating back and forth between text and floating point
> representations.

This compiles fine in a full environment, and it's the direction we
need to go, so these are applied.  We will keep a close eye on things,
but I suspect any issues will show up right away, and should be easy
to spot with high enough logging.

Thanks for all the work on this, Scott.  It's been nagging me, and I
think this will be a great benefit in the long run.