[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Issue building Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.1

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Thu Jan 10 16:27:39 EST 2008

Hi, Niles.

Take a look at install.conf, or if you don't have one,
install.conf.default, in the same folder as config.sh and install.sh.
Did you introduce any spaces, or remove the quotation marks from the
lines starting around line 40, specifically PREFIX and TMP. The output
of 'make install' makes me think you might have something like

PREFIX=" /usr/local/openils" and
TMP=" /tmp/ilstmp"

in that file.

I've never run into the problem myself, so it's only a best guess.

Good luck,

Brandon Uhlman
System Administrator
BC Pines Project

Quoting "Ingalls, Niles" <nilesi at zionsville.lib.in.us>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having an issue building Evergreen-ILS-1.2.1.1, and thought I'd get some
> advise here before attempting to hack may way through it. I've got
> Evergreen-ILS-1.2.1.1 to compile successfully but now it's nose-diving on
> the make install when attempting to create the destination directories.  I
> apparently don't have access to the variables $SOCK, $PID, and $LOG which I
> see are defined in config.sh whereas the others are in install.conf.  What
> am I doing wrong?
> Thanks!
>

> root at dl380:/usr/src/evergreen/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.1.1# make install
> Installing...
> Debug: prefix= /usr/local/openils tmp= /tmp/ilstmp/ sock=  pid=  log= \n
> mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory
> A build error occured: Error creating
> make: *** [install] Error 99
> root at dl380:/usr/src/evergreen/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.1.1#
>

> Niles Ingalls
> UNIX & Web Administrator
> Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
> 250 N. Fifth Street
> P.O. Box 840
> Zionsville, IN. 46077
>
> Phone   317-873-3149 x13280
> Fax     317-873-8339
>
> "Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem." - Woody
> Allen

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
Ministry of Education