[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Pylons acq / admin web install and config instructions

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:03:44 EST 2008

On 17/01/2008, Doug Kyle <dkyle at grpl.org> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I tried the instructions.  I die on the make install for the opensrf
> python environment because libxslt1 is not found:
>
> Installed /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/OpenSRF-1.0-py2.4.egg
> Processing dependencies for OpenSRF==1.0
> Searching for libxslt1
> Reading http://pyxmpp.jajcus.net/downloads/
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/libxslt1/
> Couldn't find index page for 'libxslt1' (maybe misspelled?)
> Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
> No local packages or download links found for libxslt1
> error: Could not find suitable distribution for
> Requirement.parse('libxslt1')
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [python-install] Error 2
> make: *** [install] Error 2

Argh. That was a late (untested) addition to the requirements, it looks like
the libxml2 / libxslt Python bindings don't follow normal Python
conventions. I'll pull that out of setup.py. If I'm ambitious, maybe I'll
try to convince Daniel Veillard to produce normal Python source packages for
his bindings.

If you're on Debian or Ubuntu, "apt-get install python-libxslt1" should do
the trick. On Gentoo, emerging libxml2 with the python USE flag set should
do the trick.

Sorry for the pain - and thanks for the feedback.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University